Like you'll never see me again

Friday, March 6, 2009

Depotting NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Sticks

Hola Lovveerrss!!! If any of you guys have any NYX jumbo eyeshadow sticks i advise you DEPOT them!! WHOOAA WHOOAA! It is MMUUCCCHHHH easier than using the pencil...think about it...NO SHARPENING....No STICK HASSEL....AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR VERY OWN PAINT POT! wanna lean how to do it? follow my easy directions below!!



YOU WILL NEED....
  • EMPTY 5 GRAM CONTAINERS

  • BLOW DRYER

  • HANGER

  • NYX JUMBO EYESHADOW STICK

FIRST GRAB YOUR 5 GRAM CONTAINER..

THEN YOUR NYX JUMBO EYESHADOW STICK....

THEN YOUR BLOW DRYER....

THEN ATTACH IT TO A HANGER OR ANY TYPE OF LONG STICK THINGY LOL....

TAKE THE BLOW DRYER AND PLACE IT DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE EYESHADOW STICK...APPLY THE BLOW DRYER TO THE HIGHEST HEAT...BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH THE JUMBO EYESHADOW STICK....HOLD THE DRYER TO THE STICK UNTIL THE CONTENTS IN THE STICK BEGIN TO MELT...MAKE SURE TO POSTION THE STICK RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE CONTAINER SO WHEN IT DOES MELT IT WILL FALL RIGHT INTO THE CONTAINER...IT TAKES ABOUT 5-7 MINS FOR THE EYESHADOW TO ACTUALLY MELT OUT FROM THE STICK...BUT WHEN IT DOES IT COMES VERY VERY FAST SO BE CAREFUL...BECAUSE IT CAN BE VERY MESSY....


THE AFTERMATH....YOU KNOW THAT THE STICK IS EMPTY BY BLOWING IN TO IT AND HEARING THE HOLLOW NOISE...KINDA LIKE BLOWING INTO AN EMPTY SODA CAN OR BOTTLE...

MY MESS...BUT IM HAPPY MOST OF IT GOT INTO THE CONTAINER...

AND THATS IT!!! I NOW HAVE MY VERY OWN PAINT POT!!! YAYYY I PLAN TO DO THIS TO ALL OF MY JUMBO EYESHADOWS...IT JUST MAKES IT EASIER! IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING JUST LET ME KNOW!! :)

XOXO, COURTNEY

10 comments:

♔Jaimie said...

that is a very useful trick! i must try it! thanks!!

don't forget to check out my Lady Gaga contest!

Yas said...

You are so clever babes! I need to try that! Thank you hun!

Makeup Mama said...

nice! did all that pencil fit into that little container??

and thanks for stopping by my blog xo

Delmy said...

I must try this! Thanks a lot!

Ms Amanda Mercedes said...

that is oh so clever
u r one smart cookie

Unknown said...

lol now i see why you said you were too clumsy to press pigments on jenn's page ;) I saw your comment and just wanted to let you know I am going to have custom pressed mac pigment quads for sale pretty soon, check out my blog for more info and let me know if you are interested.

Visit Tigress Or Tame? Beauty for Wild & Mild Kitties for makeup giveaways, contests, reviews, freebies, and more!

-Rere

Jennifer from Toronto - Spiced Beauty said...

Hey girlie!!
I love this!
I can't find NYX where I live :| but when I find one I will be depotting!
I will do an easy pressing pigments blog just for you hun <3

MakeupBliss said...

I would have never thought to do this! I have a bunch of the NYX Jumbo e/s pencils and I may do this...I love this idea!

Unknown said...

Hey girl...I was thinking about how to minimize mess & maximize the amt of product in the 5g jar...

What if you put wax paper all around the 5g jar. That way, if any of the melted product splashes or ends up on the table, you can scoop it up with a knife or something & add it to the pot. Also, you wouldn't mess up your table :D

Cay said...

ummm!
nice idea!

Cay*